20: Paper and Pencil Like an AnimalWritten by Joe Carter on August 24, 2016
In this episode, we discuss how much learning to draw can help a person become a better designer. We also talk about whether or not learning to draw with paper and pencil is important to learning to draw and learning design.
- Francis Turretin
- Institutes of Elenctic Theology
- The Flintstones – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Flintstones (TV Series 1960–1966) – IMDb
- LaRosa Logo – Devos.Hiphop
- Pixar Storyboarding:
- http://pixar-animation.weebly.com/storyboard.html (this has a video and lot’s of info!)
- Pixar Storyboarding Mini Doc – YouTube
- Cubebrush – drawing with Pen and Paper (note, he does “anime/sci-fi/fantasy” illustration styles – so ’sexy’ females, cleavage but no nudity).
- Paper by 53 & Pencil by 53
- Affinity Photo
- Affinity Designer
- Lynda.com Affinity Courses:
- Drawing with the Right Side of the Brain (book and website)
- A.J. Jacobs – “The Know-It-All”
- Episode Teaser Image
- Joe: Check out your Local Library!
- David: Canvas Podcast